ADD TO LISTOriginally developed as a supply station for the Dutch East Indian Company, Cape Town is South Africa's second most populous city, and one of the country's top travel destinations. If you're planning a trip to South Africa, you should definitely consider traveling to Cape Town to experience its world-class beaches, extreme sports, and shopping. In particular, the Table Mountain, Waterfront, and Lions Head are all highly recommended.
Questions answered about visiting Cape Town
Travel Tips from people who've been to Cape Town
I've been around but this is the most beautiful place on the planet. I know, it will be hard to find a similar spot. Lovely nature reserves where you can do a safari. You should go for a horse riding safari as you get closer to the animals,nice! Many high quality restaurants with decent prices. Not to forget a fantastic choice of wine all local! And you can go out for days and meet the nice and friendly South Africans! *****
Go to the top of Table mountain at the first chance of fine weather as it can often be cloudy and the cable car to the top of the mountain is closed when it is cloudy.
I paid Cape Town a visit in feb. 2009. And here's some tips that I'd like to share:
Although Cape Town hasn't fallen victim of crime as much as it's northern sister city; Johannesburg (Partly thanks to the thousand of refugees fleeing to SA from Zimbabwe)
However, certain precociousness must be taken in order to have a safe stay in Cape Town. The population is generally warm, open and friendly and especially proud of their herritage.
Down to business, here's a few travellers tips:
1. DO NOT go out at he night, If you have to go somewhere, You must take a taxi or arrange other types of transport.
2. Always carry with you a pack of ciggis, they can get you out of trouble.
3. Always carry small banknotes (10 Rands) certain beggars can be a pest, and refuse to bug off unless you give them something. A 10 Rand bank note isn't much, but it's something.
3.The Combat Helicopter Tour at the Waterfront is a must! 1800 RAND for a ½ hour adrenalin trip.
4. Table Mountain is a must-visit, and so is Robben Island.
5. There is a small ostrich farm north of Cape Town, rougly an hours drive. You get the opportunity to sit on an ostrich, feed it etc.
Recent Updates for Cape Town
0 Travelers have been to Cape Town
Ask a travel question about Cape Town