William Penn House
About William Penn House
515 East Capitol St SE
Washington, United States Washington, DC
ADD TO LIST
We are 5 blocks from the Capitol, and within walking distance of the museums and monuments. We have 28 beds in shared accommodations with 5 bathrooms and 7 showers. We provide a simple breakfast. The house is non-smoking and alcohol and drug free. We have quiet hours from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
We often host peace and social justice advocates and like minded visitors to the nation's Capitol. We welcome Friends, families, groups, gays and lesbians and visitors of all ages. However, the house is not handicap accessible.
We accept MC, VISA and cash.
PLEASE NOTE LATEST CHECK-IN IS 9PM. Special arrangements must be made in advance for late arrivals with an additional $10 charge per guest.
* We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours in advance, we will charge you for the first night of your stay.
* We do not take phone messages for guests. We have a guest phone in the dining room.
* Check out is at 10 a.m., although we can hold your luggage for a later departure.
* No alcohol or smoking in the house.
* We do not provide parking and parking in our neighborhood is very restricted. Please ask about options for where you can park if you plan on bringing a car.
Web access in lobby
WiFi in lobby
PLEASE NOTE: LATEST CHECK-IN IS 9PM
We are nearest the Eastern Market Metro stop on the Orange and Blue Lines. Exit the Metro at 7th and Pennsylvania. Cross Pennsylvania and go north on 7th to East Capitol St; turn left. Walk a block and cross 6th St. We are the third house from the corner. This is a 10 minute walk. The Blue line provides direct service to and from Reagen National Airport (DCA).
From Union Station, walk toward the Capitol Building. Walk south on 1st Street NE to East Capitol St. Turn left and go east 5 blocks; we are on the south (right) side of the street. This is approximately a 20 minute walk.
The 96/97 buses go from Union Station to East Capitol and 6th Street SE. The bus stop is in front of the House.