- Never look interested in at something in the Souks (unless you do want to buy ) as they will pounce on you and talk you to death if you don't buy it and beware of the henna tattooists as they grab you and paint on you if you go near them, then charge you - this happened to me!
- Take a man with you (if you are female) as they tend to give you lots of unwanted attention if you're female(s) and on your own
- Always check what price a taxi fare should be before getting in as they WILL rip you off (though it's still dirt cheap so I didn't mind)
- If you don't mind chancing it, don't book a hotel before you go as you will get a lovely and clean hotel easliy and very cheaply near the main square if you just turn up
- NEVER take chances with the food, never eat salad or drink tapwater! I was ill for 5 days after eating a salad!!
- Definately go to Essaouira, it's beautiful
- Definately go through the Atlas mountains, it is beautiful (but beware the road is very bumpy and twisty-turny and no air con on the bus so made me feel sick!) and do a camel ride in the Sahara - you can book these tours in Marrakesh, ask the hotel reception and they show you where to go
- You need to change money when you get there as you cannot buy currency before you go (at the airport in they change it)
- You won't be able to escape the attention from would-be sellers everwhere so just try to ignore it (or be firm) and enjoy the beautiful surroundings
- Take the bus sightseeing tour when you arrive, it's good for getting your bearings