Travel Tips - Deals / Saving Money
1 to 4 of 4 | Go to page 1
Antananarivo, Northern Madagascar, Madagascar
everything familiar is gone...you must remember to bleach fresh fruits and vegetables before eating them!!!...just because the water looks okay to drink it is not!!!... bottled water only!!!...the most common way is walking, bus or cab, but alot is in walking distance...and the roads are not even...watch where you walk as there is Jebu poo all over!!!...however the people are sooo friendly despite the language barrier...it is a simple way of life despite the lack of technology there...shopping is interesting as the price given is always higher than you will pay and you can barter...expect nothing and you will have fun in Madagascar...people will surround you and the children are many...my overall impression was that though poor in material possessions they are RICH in love and giving...overall the trip was fun!!!!
Ambositra, Eastern Madagascar, Madagascar
If you want the best wood carvings in Madagascar, then be sure to check the markets at Ambositra. You'll find much better selections here than if you wait and try to buy them in Tana (Antananarivo).
Ambatoloaka, Central Madagascar, Madagascar
Allez manger chez "Mama", petite gargote très sympa. On y mange avec des malgaches ou avec les touristes "courageux", qui n'ont pas peur pour leur estomac si vous voyez ce que je veux dire. On y tombe pas malade et on mange très bien, pour pas cher du tout et en plus on en sort rassasié. Poisson au lait de coco et curry, y a des brèdes manioc (tarditionel) et d'autres plats on peut accompagner ca avec des achards et une sauce pimentée dont Mama a le secret. Attention, sauce a consomer avec extreme prudence.
My top tips for Madagascar:
1. Guided rainforest trek through Ranomafana National park where you will see many lemurs in their natural habitat, experience and optional nocturnal wildlife safari with the same guide and finish off at a beautiful waterfall
2. Experience tropical laid back island life in Nosy Be with optional beach BBQ at Nosy Iranja (stunning secluded island) and get close to lemurs at Nosy Komba, explore coral life and tropical fish in other smaller islands
3. Visit the moon-like red Tsingy near Diego- truly amazing!
4. Visit the natural spa town of Andsirabe and have a mini tour on a horse drawn carriage
5. Explore the contrasts of Tana (Antananrivo) from the packed markets to cosmopolitan regions where you can experience tasty Malagasy food or fine French cuisine
You can organise this yourself, or if time is short through a pre-arranged tour. I used a UK based company called I-Love Travel.
1 to 4 of 4 | Go to page 1