I was last august in Edingburgh and there was a lot of nice places, but knwi i will tell you something about arthurs Seat.
Do you like walks?
do you like a fantastic view?
then you are with arthurs seat on the right adress.
Arthur's seat is a hill form Holyrod Park. It is situated in the centre of the city of Edingburgh. The hill rises above the city to a height of 250.5 m (822 ft), provides excellent panoramic views of the city, is relatively easy to climb, and is popular. Though it can be climbed from almost any direction, the easiest and simplest ascent is from the east, where a grassy slope rises above Dunsapie Loch.
When you are interested in Fantasy and mystic:
Many people thing this was the old place of Camelot the legendary castle of King Arthur.
So I think its a most go and here my tips:
- Bring your wellis or boots with you, when it rains it can be really moddy
- Bring a picknick lunch with you (a beutiful view by sunset and really romantic with your love or for couples)
- take you time and enjoy the nature
- take nice pictures
- look at the right timeing. in teh morning and in the night when the sun go down its sooo beautiful
- there are 2 tracks. One easy and one a bit stronger for specials.
- mayby do it when you have energy and then its easier to go on the track way from the east
- Go by a travelgroup they have many interesting informations and you will find friends (check out your hostel)