55 Reviews & Articles
United States, Ireland
English, Spanish, body language interpreter
In the middle
Biking, Culture, Dancing, Eating, Exploring, Food, Hiking, Kayaking, Languages, Outdoors, Photography, Rapelling, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Zip Lining
In a relationship
Hitting the road
an aspiring professional travel documentarian.
I am a student of the World; and, the World is my classroom. I love to learn about new people, places and things!
depends where I am. Most recently, I had an amazing meal in Spain - Suckling pig entree with potatoes, paella on the side, a pitcher of sangria and some churros con chocolate for dessert
chapstick, passport, digital camera and camcorder and a digital copy of my passport (saved somewhere in a file on my email -- in case it gets lost, I can still print it at an internet cafe).
my MacBook -- it has now chipped in two different places, and I'm not sure how!
flight delays and cancellations -- I just wanna get there (let's just be honest).
at work or at home resting. I don't go out too much at home, because I don't want to spend the money that I am saving for my travels. It would be ideal to travel for a living! Got any suggestions for me?
We've made it to the finals! Rate my photo 5 stars and leave a comment if you feel a special connection to the photo (your ratings, sharing of the link and tweets will really go a long way):
Grazi! Much love - and good luck to all contestants!
I am a twenty-something year old lover of life who lives to travel and travels to live. I am an aspiring professional travel documentarian trying to capture the true art and skill of travel. My close friends call me "La Gitana," or "The Gypsy" in Spanish, because I'm always on the go.
I was born (and raised) in Indianapolis, IN - growing to know my backyard like the back of my hand. My bubble of comfort opened up to the world when I began my first international travels in 2002 when I toured 7 countries in Europe with the Indiana Ambassadors of Music choir. While in Europe, I saw and experienced sights that truly opened my eyes and my mind to the World, and to myself.
Since 2002, I've continued to traverse the globe adding 11 more countries to my list (18 countries total, and counting) and was privileged to study abroad in Spain in 2006 to enhance my education, seek broader opportunities and challenge myself on a variety of levels!
After graduating from Butler University, I've made it a goal to visit at least one new country every year and have begun publishing my photos, videos and blogs through social media; and, I'm working on a new blog -- coming soon! (If I had a dollar for every photo I took throughout each trip, I'd make enough to pay off the trip, and then some.)
Thus, my passion for travel now controls my life - as my savings from my income supports my travels. I am completely committed to the traveler lifestyle; being frugal with my money when I am not traveling is something I know too well. And, no matter where I am, I think about where I want to be next.
Hopefully, someday, I'll land a job that pays me to do what I love most - travel; but for now, traveling is a hobby that I wish to share with the world.
Next Planned Trip(s):
- Check out ALL of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/mytravelogue
- Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mytravelogue
- Watch my vlogs/videos: http://www.youtube.com/BonVoyage2U
? ...I just returned for England, Wales and Scotland - so I'm in the process of deciding where to go next. Suggestions? - I'm thinking Australia or somewhere in South America! Favorite Souvenirs:
Moroccan tea set, Moroccan & Indian tapestries International Collectables:
Postcards and national flag patches
Never Have I Ever...
Skydived, scuba dived, ridden a camel, ridden an elephant, hugged a koala, jumped with a kangaroo, belly danced, traveled around the world in one trip... Fun Facts:
- My favorite city is Fes, Morocco (also spelled “Fez”).
- My favorite country is Spain.
- I get extremely antsy and panicked if I don’t travel within three months.
- I know inappropriate, naughty phrases in German.
- My favorite travel memory is going down a toboggan-like slide from the top of Great Wall of China!
- I almost got pick-pocketed in Madrid, but caught the guy red-handed!
- My favorite meal is a toss-up between Peking Duck (Beijing, China) and Pastilla (Fes, Morocco).
- I have true phobias of death and the creation & end of the World.
- I always feel like there is more to see, more to do, more to learn and more to experience. I will never be completely satisfied.
- I am a Libra and do “weigh” everything that I do and all choices/decisions I encounter.
- I am indecisive; yet, I am the organized planner for a trip.
- I use my savings money for my travel expenses.
- I have commitment issues, in general – for fear of being tied down and not being able to do what I want to do.
Jackie has been to 79 cities and 15 countries and counting...
Danger: likes a little risk Roughing it: likes a bug-free bed and hot showers Shrewdness: can dodge thieves and survive touts Off the beaten track: occasionally strays off track Depth of Knowledge: has written a novella's worth
Overall TravelCred score:
Hiking, White water rafting, Riverboarding...
Mountains, Cathedrals, Wonders of the world...
Photography, Hiking, Wine Tasting, Swimming, Culture...
I am willing to try almost anything. I can...
Photography, Culture, Wine Tasting, Swimming, Food...